Friday, November 9, 2012

Getting Back on Track with Fasting

I have had a comment to ask how to get back on track after taking a break from fasting.

Sometimes it is easy to get off plan, when little by little the food cravings take over. This happens to me from time to time.

I notice my cravings are worse when I eat more sugar. During Halloween they were at an all time high and eating all that sugar made me crave food something fierce. I wasn't just craving sweets but craving food in general. The yeast in our bodies feed off of sugar and the more you eat, the more they want and so they scream out for sugar in any form, carbs and sugars mainly.

If you are having trouble getting back on track with fasting because of cravings, try to avoid sugar for a few days before you go back on plan. This should help to keep those cravings down. Also, drink lots of water to flush out the system.

Once you start your fasting plan again, the best thing to help you along is to keep busy during that fasting time. Schedule in a project that will keep you occupied for most of the time. Avoid TV as much as possible...I always find that watching TV increases my food cravings because there is almost always food or eating on shows and movies, not to mention all the food commercials ( and even if you PVR and fast forward through the commercials, it isn't hard to miss all those close ups of burgers and pizza!).

Continue to drink lots of water or clear tea with no sugar during fasting as that also helps keep the cravings at bay.

Let me know what helps you get back on track?

Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to share this at The Sacrificial Diet with the ladies there...light bulb moment for me...thanks so much Jenna for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back. A few light bulbs went off with quite a few of the ladies at The Sacrificial Diet face book group...you really touched us Jenna...thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jenna! I discovered your blog today and have been very much enjoying reading it. I started IF'ing a couple of weeks ago for spiritual reasons, and lost 6lb in the first week! I have started my own fasting blog, which you can read if you like by clicking on my profile. :)

    A lot of what you say has been my experience too - especially about the decrease in cravings for junk food, and your post about 'nutritional starvation' really struck a chord with me too. I still have food cravings, but now they tend to be for healthy foods - this evening I craved porridge of all things (and it was all the more delicious because it was what I fancied). Anyway, well done on your progress and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails