Tuesday, October 4, 2016

It has been a long time since I updated my blog! I really fell off the wagon with my fasting. I had a really hard year and as a result, all my old habits came back with a vengeance and here I am again back where I started! I have gained back all the weight I released and kept off for three years!

I went through a divorce last year. I gave up my whole life as I knew it, sold everything I own and moved from a small suburb one hour away from work to the middle of the city in Vancouver! I had to start completely from scratch, everything new. I also had to give up my sweet little dog and go forward on my own. It was devastatingly hard, and I turned to food for comfort.

Now that I live downtown, I have so much more time. This is a good thing and a bad thing. More free time means more hours to eat! I also spend much more money and drink way more wine! All not good for the scale. But, through this life change and time, I have started to heal and move on.

I am finally starting to feel normal again and now it is time for me to get back to my normal routine and back to my fasting pattern. Today is my first all day fast in over a year. Ending 36 hours of fasting with a nice lunch today.

I am hopeful that I can get back to where I was and start this journey again. I feel so good today after finishing my fast. I haven't had that feeling in so long and have been so weighed down by my extra weight and all the food that I have not been used to eating! It is time to get light again : )

12 comments:

  1. This might be a bit late but I'm so sorry for everything you've been through and I'm glad you're getting back on the "path". I have been reading on your blog since I started researching the Fast-5 lifestyle and yours is probably one of the posts I found most inspiring. I eventually got the book and have officially started the Fast-5. It's not easy but it's not as difficult as I thought I'd be either. I'm now on Day 11, and I'm not hungry at all during the day - but always look forward to prepping my meals. I have been Vegan for a full year now and I find these past 10 days on the Fast-5 have beeb relatively simple, maybe because of starches and carbs. So thanks for sharing your journey with the Fast-5 ... You inspired me to try it and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back and hear from you, Jenna. Hope all is well! You've been successful in the past, and I'm confident you can do it again. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to IF. Thank you for your blog. I am really sorry to hear about what you have been going through. I am also glad to hear you are ready to start again. I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered Fast 5 and your blog. As this is meant to be a life-style change, it's good to see when life gets in the way you can still bounce back. I wish you well! I'm going to continue to do my research and follow you as you get back on track. I'm hoping to lose about 40 pounds doing this method!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for what you've been through. If you are on Facebook I suggest you check out the Fast5 private group there,it is a very supportive tribe in a world somewhat hostile to IF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for what you've been through. If you are on Facebook I suggest you check out the Fast5 private group there,it is a very supportive tribe in a world somewhat hostile to IF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. level with the help of herbal Alpha Force Testo osterone cream and dietary supplements. if you need to have suitable ranges of testosterone to your body to save you strokes.For more ==== >>>>>> http://t-rexmuscleadvice.com/alpha-force-testo/

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about the difficulties you've gone through in the last little while! Those are all significant life changes, so I wish you the best. I read your blog when you first got into fasting, and found it very interesting. My experience was that I got hungry eventually and crashed. I've had far more success with a whole foods diet, and even better results with periods of potato-only. It might sound wonky, but if you're interested in more details, google SpudFit, an Australian who lost 100+ lbs eating nothing but potatoes. A guy named Tim Steele has a blog and book detailing his 'potato hack', and of course John McDougall is the foremost proponent of a high-starch, very low fat whole foods diet. At the end of the day, people find whatever works; I just thought I'd put these out there! Best of luck in your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an wonderful post. Very nice to read. I very much appreciate the way you have provided extremely useful information about the most fascinating weight loss journey. These days people in general are extremely concerned about being fat and always on the lookout for an effective weight loss solution. Recently I came across the Fat Decimator System By Wes Virgin. I have found it extremely useful and effective. Maybe you can also try it out at once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Article Really Apreciated Read my Artcile on Intermittent Fasting also . thanks intermittent fasting tips a standard Guide for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails