Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feeling Good

I have been feeling pretty good lately. Even though I am still sitting here on my plateau, I am feeling comfortable and happy with how I look so far. I recently went out to a club with some friends for a birthday party. I used to go to this place when I was in my 20s. I thought for sure I would feel really uncomfortable in my skin with all the young girls around. But I held my own and felt good, even though I think we were the oldest people in there!

It was fun! Here is a pic I took of me and my husband there.



Tonight we are going out to a Halloween Party. My hubby and I are dressing as 70's Bikers. We have big bushy wigs, leather outfits and fake tattoo arm sleeves to wear. It should be really fun. We are taking our exchange student from Japan with us. He has never experienced Halloween before so I am sure he will have a laugh.

I have been doing really well with intermittent fasting and just being patient and trying hard not to eat too much in my eating window. Tonight will probably include some halloween candy but I will try to keep it to a minimum. Yesterday at work was a challenge. Our office had a pumpkin carving contest in the morning and then in the afternoon they set out a HUGE candy and chocolate buffet! It was a bit crazy. There was cookies, sour candies, gummies, chocolate bars, liquorice, and candy apples for the winner of the pumpkin carving contest. (thank goodness it wasn't us!) It was a sugar smorgasbord.


A bunch of the staff had their children come in the afternoon to trick or treat, wearing the cutest costumes, so they got to enjoy the candy too. There was a baby dressed as a strawberry, a two year old in a cupcake costume, a two month old in a skeleton costume and twin newborns who cried in stereo. It was a fun day, but hard to resist all the goodies.

2 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous dahling!!! Hope you post some pictures of your biker outfits. I held my plateau for a long time but just recently, my weight shifted from 139ish to 135ish, yay! You're right, this eating lifestyle works for us. Thanks for dropping by and visiting my blog. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I was checking your blog because I was wondering about your plateau -- it looks like you're doing really well regardless of what the scale says. Stay strong and keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails