Friday, October 15, 2010

Still can't break into the 160s!

I am still hovering around 172...I had a brief moment where I was 169 after a long fast, but that went away very quickly and I have been the same for over a week now.

Over eating is still the enemy. I know that the reason intermittent fasting works for me is because I find it easier to eat nothing than to just have a little and stop. Even when my window has closed I find it hard to stop and have to really fight the urge to eat.

Thankfully I am not overeating three times a day anymore so that is why I have lost all this weight but what is making my progress slow now is my overeating in my eating window.

Maybe I should make my window smaller. 5 hours is a long time to eat one meal, which is pretty much what I do anyway. I could cut it back to three, then I will just be able to eat my meal and hopefully avoid all the little munching that happens after my main meal.

I know that Brad Pilon says if you are overeating in your eating window, then make your window later in the day so that you don't have time to consume too much. I really prefer eating lunch so a smaller window may help. Once I have finally stopped eating, and have finished wrestling with myself that my eating window is closed, I usually have no problem eating nothing. Before my eating window opens, absolutely no problem. I RARELY break my fast before the scheduled time. I can do 2 40 hour fasts in a week with no effort...So my only issue is once I start, I find it hard to stop.

Is there some kind of brain surgery that I can get to make me realize that when my stomach is full it is time to STOP EATING!

6 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I recently added healthy eating to my intermittent fasting routine. I'm on Day 2 and hope to break my plateau of 139ish. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your website by googling IF.
    I have dabbled with IF and have always felt more peaceful, calmer and full of energy when on a fast. It has always felt right, but due to my all or nothing thinking I have always given up,if I fell off plan. After another round of dieting and feeling completely miserable, I have decided to go back to the plan that always feels right. Am finding your blog extremely helpful and inspiring. As I am just at the start of my journey, I am reading your posts if having a weak moment and it always gets me focused. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, good luck!
    Jenna, I know just how you feel. I've been flirting with 160 for six weeks now, I'm a stubborn pound or so over. I just have to remind myself how happy I was to break the 170 mark. We're tortoises, not hares, but we'll get there! Remember all you've accomplished and all your body's been through on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a brief moment last week where i was 168. I'm back up to 172 again! UGH!! I'm sooo glad to read your blog and hear that everyone else feels the dreaded plateau too. I was ecstatic that one day to see 168 on the scale. SIGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna,
    Do you have a ritual to signal the end of your eating window? I'm experimenting with brushing my teeth and/or 5 slow breaths whe repeating to myself, "I'm full, I'm satisfied." I'm the first to admit it's goofy but it seems to help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...I find it easier to eat nothing than to just have a little and stop."

    Same here. It's so much easier for me to fast than it is to eat a number of small meals.

    And, speaking of sort-of milestones, my first major one is still 19 lbs. away (as of this morning), when I finally fall into the "overweight" BMI category.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails