Monday, May 16, 2011

Great Lunch!

Today was the first day of my reduced carb eating schedule. I was really excited about lunch today and I really enjoyed my meal. I am not doing NO carbs and I am not doing NO sugar. I am just trying to reduce the amount of carbs and processed foods that I eat within the week. I don't want to deprive myself and start a "diet" I just want to find a way to make small changes that could have a big effect. 


I had my salad (Spinach, brocoli coleslaw, cucumber, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, egg, chicken, avacado, dressing) Some strawberries, blueberries, cashews & cheese.


Of course I need to have my chocolate so I had some fruit and nut chocolate for dessert.


I feel fantastic, and satisfied. I enjoyed every bite, my food was so colorful and beautiful to look at, I got tons of compliments on my lunch and several people said they wished they had my lunch instead of theirs. Looking forward to having this again tomorrow! I will try to remember to take some pictures of my food to show how great it all looks.

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog often and thought I would comment that for the past month I have been eating much as you describe in this blog. I eat lower carb not low carb. I am picky about the carbs. They must be a high source of fiber and/or nutrients to be in the diet, except for chocolate. (although I found a high fiber bar with chocolate that tastes really good)

    For carbs I eat fruit or things like tomatoes, cucumbers or other salad items that have carbs in them. I sometimes have a very high fiber bread item. But no more rice or pasta except on occassion.

    Lower carb is also reducing my appetite in the morning makeing my Fast 5 diet easier to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!! I've found that I do much better when I monitor my carb intake while fasting. I am going to be loosely monitoring my calorie intake as well. I am way up on the scale...ugh! Read my post and don't ever question this lifestyle or you might experience what I'm going through. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Concept to Help Dieters Lose 12-23 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails