Sunday, June 13, 2010

Eat, Eat, Eat and EAT, STOP, EAT


I am eating way too much in my eating window lately. Fortunately it hasn't showed up on the scale, YET. But I am not getting the big movements like before, 2Lbs down, 4Lbs down etc...I need to cut back. Maybe taking more of my regular fruit and veggies to work for lunch and smaller main meal portions?

I usually eat dinner meals like spaghetti, chicken and rice, etc. I could cut back the size of those and increase the size of my salad and my fruit snacks etc...That way I still feel like I am eating a lot but not eating the high calorie stuff...? I don't want to count calories...I don't want to "diet". I am going to try to do some little changes to my eating and see if that helps...


I am loving the philosophy of EAT, STOP, EAT lately. Maybe this can be one of the changes I make? I want to lift more weights and increase my muscular body that is under all this fat. I am going to start a workout routine that consists of more weights. I have been doing pretty good at incorporating walking into my routine. My goal is to walk for one hour after work every day Mon - Fri. I usually do at least 4 of those 5 days and sometimes hit the 5 day mark. After that I come home and do some weights for about 20 minutes but I want to isolate the best weight exercises for me, so I am going to do more research on the EAT, STOP, EAT way of exercising.



Excerpt from Brad Pilon's "The Elimination Experiment Workout"
It’s completely true that activity burns calories, and that some exercises burn more calories than others, but the truth is (as the old cliché goes) you can’t out exercise a bad diet. Exercising to lose fat is a futile practice for a couple of reasons. First and foremost it is not nearly as effective as it’s made out to be.
Using running as an example, for me to ‘burn’ and extra 500 Calories every day I would have to run (or walk) roughly 7 kilometers (a little under 4.5 miles) EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Now, the idea of running 4.5 miles doesn’t bother me. The idea of running 4.5 miles EVERY SINGLE DAY scares the heck out of me. If we look back at the idea of efficiency and the fact that the body can only do so much work before it begins to breaks down, this is simply not an ideal use of my time. 

And one of my favourite things he said in "The Elimination Experiment Workout"
The bottom line is the absolute most efficient way to get amazing results is to workout for muscle growth and change your eating habits for fat loss. When it comes to weight loss, it is the total CALORIE DEFICIT that matters, not the way the deficit was created. Trying to use your diet for muscle growth and exercise for weight loss is a recipe for failure. 

He says that you can work out as little as 20 minutes a day just lifting weights (doing the right amount for you in the right way and the right frequency) and follow his program of EAT, STOP, EAT (which is just a variation of what we all do with Fast-5 or other variations of Intermittent Fasting) and you can have that body you have always wanted. The six pack is there on all of us just under the surface of the fat.



All we need to do is melt away the fat with IF while we work on building the muscles under the surface and eventually they will meet in the middle and our best body will be revealed. It makes complete sense to me. I KNOW that exercise only works to burn body fat if it is EXCESSIVE and the amount that I am able or want to do is in NO WAY excessive and will not get me to my weight loss goal. So far, ALL my progress has been through WHAT and HOW I EAT, so I see the powerful results of eating for weight loss. Now I want to see the powerful results of working out for muscle growth!

A MUST hear interview with Brad Pilon can be heard here. My favourite quote from that interview is:

"That's where the magic lies, you can adapt intermittent fasting to fit your life and that puts you in a really good spot because most diets ask you to adapt your life to fit the diet."

Check out Brad Pilon's website here and blog here. And I will keep you posted on my muscle growth progress! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Now I want to see the powerful results of working out for muscle growth!


    amen girl..that is where I'm at also....

    All we need to do is melt away the fat with IF while we work on building the muscles under the surface and eventually they will meet in the middle and our best body will be revealed. I


    This also made complete sense to me!!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes perfect sense! I do cardio for my heart health and lift weights almost daily. I believe the exercise is making a difference. Once I get portion control taken care of...the weight should come off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think eat stop eat it's the best weight loss program! It worked for me! I'm verry happy with one of the benefits: Overall change of healthy eating habits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating vegetables & taking liquid in our diet could help us is building strong muscle.
    PLANT-BASED DIET FOR MUSCLE GROWTH- Myths busted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails