Sunday, April 10, 2011

The BIG long fast

Thanks to a comment from one of my readers, Todd, on Plateau Hell, I have decided to take his advice and try a really long fast so shock my body into getting back on the down low! He suggested a 72 hour fast with a workout and then breaking the fast really slow with no big celebratory meal but small healthy snacks instead. With the help of intermittent fasting I have managed to release close to 50LBS, but I still have a way to go and would like to release 30 more. Hopefully this long fast will kick start that to happen.

I am also adding some exercise into my routine. I have begun doing yoga twice a week and I really enjoy it. And I would like to get back to my weights, I have neglected them for some time now but on Monday I plan to put them back in practice and try to do weights three times a week and yoga twice.

The other thing I am committed to trying is to eat slower. My husband is the youngest of 10 and had 6 older brothers! For him eating fast was survival. He had to eat fast to get any food! But lately, he has been trying to eat slow, putting his fork down between each bite and taking smaller bites. He has really noticed a difference in the amount of food he eats. I want to try that as well. I think living with him for so long, I have picked up his habit of eating too fast. I want to see if eating smaller bites, slower means it well help me to not overeat during my eating window.

And so, today, I will begin my long fast. I intend to try to make it to 60 HOURS! I last ate at midnight last night and intend to fast until noon on Tuesday. Today will be a breeze because I have pottery class from 10 am to 5:30 pm. I rarely think of food on Sundays. Monday at work should be ok too because I find that once I have fasted for over 24 hours, I feel ZERO hunger at all. I think my body kind of just gives up and doesn't bother asking anymore. We will see how Monday evening goes, because I intend on doing my weight workout in my fasted state. I have done that before on a 38 hour fast with no problem so I am sure it will be fine.

I will let you know how it all goes and who knows, if I feel fine on Tuesday at noon, maybe I will increase it to the 72 hours that Todd recommended.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl!! Thanks for inspiring me. I haven't been successful at getting back on track but hope to do so this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your long fast! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails