Friday, July 29, 2011

Getting Control

I have been trying to do the 2 hour window with little success...I ate past my window a couple of days this week, even past the 5 hour window. I think it is just stress but I have to get my eating window back under control.

Today I did well, I am waiting for my window to open at 5pm today and we are going to have some burgers at Red Robin tonight and then later have some wine with friends. I will keep my regular 5 hour window for the weekends but next week I am going to try again on the 2 hour window experiment.

I would like to keep it to two hours Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and do a full day fast on Mondays. Then have a regular 5 hour window Friday and Saturday. Hopefully this schedule will help me get back on track.

Aside from this, I do feel happy with the way I look in the mirror lately. I find I look thin, and don't feel bloated or fat lately at all. I think yoga is helping with that. I have really been enjoying yoga, I go three days a week and always look forward to it and feel amazing after class. It is a great little break from the grind of life too, to just focus and breathe.

If I never lose the last 30 pounds, I will be happy with that I think. It would be great to reach my ultimate goal though but I am not obsessing about getting there. I am just going to try to get my overeating under control, continue with my yoga and see how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Jenna, I have no doubt that you know this but one meal at Red Robin will easily contain more calories than you need for one day. Add wine and wha-la, you're good for a few days.

    Most people can eat 2+ days worth of calories in 2 hours.

    Smaller portions is the only way to drop those calories down to where you need them to be to lose more weight. The time-window is just a trick - it means little if you pig out during that time.

    So, that said, if you're eating as little as you care to eat and are happy with your body then - SCORE - you win!

    If you want to drop more weight then maybe cut back even more on meal size.

    And I (not that my opinion counts) am not a big fan of the multi-day fasts. I think people just get TOO hungry and then they eat even more when they do eat. To go two days without food and then eat a "normal" sized meal requires the discipline of Ghandi.

    Your stubborn weight seems to provide evidence that it doesn't work too well.

    Best,
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you. Overeating has always been my biggest obstacle. I am trying tricks to figure out how to eat less without giving up a great burger and some wine on weekends.

    That is why intermittent fasting has worked so well for me up to now, because I can eat an indulgent meal and not feel like I am on a diet all the time.

    The majority of my week I eat very healthy, veggies and fruit with some protein. I am not willing to give up the foods I love and diet, because I know that this doesn't work for me long term.

    I do want to eventually get to my goal weight though so I realize I will have to make some sacrifices along the way to achieve that. The problem is that in order for this to work long term, I have to make sacrifices that I will be able to maintain long term. This is why I keep experimenting with different ways to use the tool that has worked the best for me so far; intermittent fasting.

    I know I will get there eventually, but sometimes my impatience gets the best of me. It shouldn't though because all the changes I have made throughout this journey have been slow, progressive changes, not radical, cold turkey ones.

    Meal size is one of the things I HAVE to change, so that said, you are absolutely right...giving up the foods I love? I don't think that will happen. Trying to eat less of them? Definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you need to watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Have your ex CRAWLING back to you...?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails