Monday, February 6, 2012

Sugar is evil

Thanks so much for your recent comments. I have had regular advice from many of you to cut out sugar. It has been a struggle for me to commit to that because I have always loved the freedom that intermittent fasting has allowed me and sugar was a big part of that.

I think I will go the middle way and greatly reduce rather than eliminate all together. I have a new plan to try to get moving again towards my goal.

I want to incorporate eating similarly to the South Beach diet but without actually dieting and without being 100% off of anything.

Here is what I am thinking:

MONDAY through THURSDAY:
19 hour fast, 5 hour window. Make small adjustments to what I already eat most days eliminating sugar as much as possible and eliminating grains.

Salad:
Spinach
Brocoli Coleslaw
Cucumber
Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds
Feta
Chicken Breast
(need some kind of crouton substitute, something really crunchie any suggestions? Nuts are an option but I prefer something similar to croutons or tortilla chips without the grain.)

Home Made Dressing:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sesame Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Ginger
Garlic
Natural Peanut Butter

Side:
Hard Boiled Egg
1/4 Avocado
Cheese Slices
Nuts

Snack:

Hard Boiled Egg
Celery
Cucumber
Zucchini
with Hummus Dip


Sweet:
3 Squares of Chocolate

NOTE: Avoid all the extras! There are always extra treats and goodies around the office. Just say no.

FRIDAY: 
24 hour fast, break fast at dinner, 5 hour window. Cook at home, healthy, hearty recipes that may or may not include grains, carbs, or dessert.

SATURDAY:
19 hour fast, break fast at dinner, 5 hour window. Free day, eat out, don't go overboard, but enjoy.

NOTE: On Friday and Saturday, stick to 5 hours, have a tendency to go over...

SUNDAY:
All Day Fast 36+ hours.

NOTE: Once per month do an extended 60-72 hour fast.

REACH GOAL AND STAY THERE!!!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan.
    If you feel like it is to hard or have sugar cravings, i would suggest legumes as a " slow " source of carb, much less addictive than bread/pasta ect ...
    For a crispy touch, i would add celery stacks or nuts.
    Good luck for your plan.
    I went off board this week-end, and felt AWFULL and had to sleep all sunday to recover for eating out of my window ! Back to my great sense of feeling !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in France we have some kind of 100% buckweat crackers and some raw gluten free crackers that would be fine to replace croutons. maybe you can find the same options in a " whole food store " where you live. these crackers are high in carbs, but they are so light that even if you eat 2 or 3 of them, you get not much that 10 g of carbs ... hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about small pieces of very crispy bacon instead of croutons? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do crispy bacon and bell peppers for my crunch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails