Monday, February 6, 2012

Sugar is evil

Thanks so much for your recent comments. I have had regular advice from many of you to cut out sugar. It has been a struggle for me to commit to that because I have always loved the freedom that intermittent fasting has allowed me and sugar was a big part of that.

I think I will go the middle way and greatly reduce rather than eliminate all together. I have a new plan to try to get moving again towards my goal.

I want to incorporate eating similarly to the South Beach diet but without actually dieting and without being 100% off of anything.

Here is what I am thinking:

MONDAY through THURSDAY:
19 hour fast, 5 hour window. Make small adjustments to what I already eat most days eliminating sugar as much as possible and eliminating grains.

Salad:
Spinach
Brocoli Coleslaw
Cucumber
Pumpkin & Sunflower Seeds
Feta
Chicken Breast
(need some kind of crouton substitute, something really crunchie any suggestions? Nuts are an option but I prefer something similar to croutons or tortilla chips without the grain.)

Home Made Dressing:
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sesame Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Ginger
Garlic
Natural Peanut Butter

Side:
Hard Boiled Egg
1/4 Avocado
Cheese Slices
Nuts

Snack:

Hard Boiled Egg
Celery
Cucumber
Zucchini
with Hummus Dip


Sweet:
3 Squares of Chocolate

NOTE: Avoid all the extras! There are always extra treats and goodies around the office. Just say no.

FRIDAY: 
24 hour fast, break fast at dinner, 5 hour window. Cook at home, healthy, hearty recipes that may or may not include grains, carbs, or dessert.

SATURDAY:
19 hour fast, break fast at dinner, 5 hour window. Free day, eat out, don't go overboard, but enjoy.

NOTE: On Friday and Saturday, stick to 5 hours, have a tendency to go over...

SUNDAY:
All Day Fast 36+ hours.

NOTE: Once per month do an extended 60-72 hour fast.

REACH GOAL AND STAY THERE!!!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great plan.
    If you feel like it is to hard or have sugar cravings, i would suggest legumes as a " slow " source of carb, much less addictive than bread/pasta ect ...
    For a crispy touch, i would add celery stacks or nuts.
    Good luck for your plan.
    I went off board this week-end, and felt AWFULL and had to sleep all sunday to recover for eating out of my window ! Back to my great sense of feeling !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in France we have some kind of 100% buckweat crackers and some raw gluten free crackers that would be fine to replace croutons. maybe you can find the same options in a " whole food store " where you live. these crackers are high in carbs, but they are so light that even if you eat 2 or 3 of them, you get not much that 10 g of carbs ... hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about small pieces of very crispy bacon instead of croutons? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do crispy bacon and bell peppers for my crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Plan to Help Dieters Lose 20 Pounds in Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails