Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fasting in Texas


I am writing this post today from my best friend's house in Austin Texas. They say everything's BIGGER in Texas! Well that is certianly true from what I have seen during my visit so far. We have had some wonderful food since I have been here but I have stayed true to my lifestyle and kept up the fasting routine.

Yesterday I had yummy lasagna that my friend made which was very good. Then we went shopping and I bought some new clothes to replace a few of my items that are way too big now. (I actually bought a size SMALL top and another one in MEDIUM!!! Wow! I used to wear an XL. Things really are bigger in Texas...(I think the small is a fluke but it still felt great!) So great to have to say, "Do you have this in a smaller size?"

Since we were shopping I lost track of the time and missed my afternoon snack by over an hour and so my eating window had closed. I could have cheated and just ate anyway but I stayed true and fasted until lunch today. It felt great! I was a bit more hungry than usual in the evening but it faded away when I put my mind to something else.

This morning when I woke up I felt great and wasn't hungry at all. We went and got manicures and pedicures before lunch and then I broke my fast at noon. I started with a salad and then took a break until we made it to a restaurant downtown for lunch around 2pm.



The restaurant was great. An outdoor place with picinic tables and people with their dogs, a children's playground and a ping pong table among other outdoor games. Really nice. The food was great! I ate my fill and will be full for the rest of the evening I am sure. The weather has been beautiful 20 degrees plus! (70 for those Americans!)



Such a great feeling that no matter where I am or what I am doing this lifestyle can easily be adapted or shaped to fit me and my environment. That is the way that I will be successful. Diets that require special food or specific measurements is too difficult to adapt when you are not in your regular environment. Fast 5 is certainly the way to go for me!

PS. Mini Eggs are bigger in Texas too!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so great!! Yay on the smaller tops!! I look forward to your posts each week. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. And are we not the sweetest people ever?! Even our ♥'s are Big here!

    Glad your doing so well!

    I'm on day 5 of eating this way again and fasting dinner/breakfast! It's way easier then waiting and eating at 5pm for me!

    Yay on the downsizing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Plan to Help Dieters Lose 15 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails