Monday, July 26, 2010

Fasting at work

I regularly incorporate all day fasts into my routine with intermittent fasting (38-48 hour fasts). I used to do one long fast per week on Sunday because that was the day that I did pottery class and so was very occupied for most of the day. Now since pottery class is on a break for the summer, I am incorporating the long fast during the week.

I have decided to do two per week in an effort to really kick this plateau's ass! Monday and Thursday are my days of choice. This means that I have to fast while at work and not have lunch with my coworkers. So far so good, as I have done a few of these already. Today is day one of the 2 fasts per week experiment. At lunch I took my book and went and sat outside in the sunshine to read for the break.

Tonight I plan to work out and tomorrow I plan to have a great meal of chicken dinner that my husband made with mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy...mmmmm!

I need to also find ways to eat less during my eating window. I overeat during this time and can't seem to put a muzzle on once I have had enough. I am hoping to curb this through reducing my afternoon snack to fruit and veggies only, which will hopefully help.

I know that the smaller I get, the less food I should eat but it is really hard. That is why I am doing this in the first place, I don't want to stop eating once I start! I am sure I eat more than a day's worth of calories in one meal, but I don't want to calorie count! The best I can think of is to really try and fill up on the good stuff first. Also, the two days per week of extended fasts should help to reduce my overall calorie intake for the week. Two days worth of calories is at least 3000 calories, so that should make a nice dent in my overall intake.

Every time I break my fast I do it with fruits and/or veggies. If I can just eat bigger salads and more fruit BEFORE I start on my main meal then this SHOULD help. I need to also try to have smaller portions of the main meal, which is a problem for me because I really like a BIG meal.

I will do my best to not eat too much tomorrow of the yummy meal my husband prepared, and keep the snacks to fruit and veggies only!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. You are doing so good Jenna!!! Your Hubby's dinner sounds yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails