Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Vacation and IF

Fasting while on vacation = Easy
Not over eating during my eating window on vacation = Difficult

Man oh man it is hard not to over eat and extend my eating window while on vacation. There are SO many celebrations that revolve around food. Especially this vacation as it is for a wedding. There are tons of family gatherings, bon fires on the beach, dinners out, treats and snacks and special meals that food is absolutely EVERYWHERE and so, so good that it is really hard not too eat too much for too long once I open my eating window.

Also, it is impossible to stay on a steady schedule so my eating window keeps moving around from lunch to dinner. I have no idea how all of this will reflect on the scale but I am sure I am up. At least my clothes still feel good so it can't be too bad I guess.

We are leaving tomorrow morning and so I can get back to my normal schedule and hopefully things will go back to normal on the scale too...

Last night was amazing. We took a bunch of wood and brush down to the beach (which is at the bottom of a cliff on the edge of my brother in law's property) and had a big bonfire. It was so awesome to hear the crashing waves of the ocean on the island of Newfoundland and see the beauty of the big blazing fire. We roasted marshmellows and enjoyed the warmth of the blaze. So great. Then we sat as a family and played a board game where you have to figure out the names of some of the remote Newfoundland towns. Really fun.

Today is our last day, and then it is back home to our loving fur baby, Bexley. Looking forward to that but sad to leave this paradise of a place. I will post some pictures when I get home so you can see what I mean. It is really such an amazing place, especially this property where our family lives, Heaven on Earth!

2 comments:

  1. I could feel the beauty through your description. What a blessing to be able to enjoy God's wonderful creation with family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like an awesome place to be. Can't wait til you get home. I know Bexley misses his mama. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails