Monday, November 22, 2010

LOVE THIS BLOG

I love this blog called Getting Stronger by Todd Becker. SO informative and he seems to say exactly what I want to say when everyone asks me if I am crazy for fasting!

Here is an excerpt:

One of the most common reactions I get to my advice to try intermittent fasting is: I could never do that!

Like the Jackson Browne song “Running on Empty,” the word “fasting” often conjures up dire images of starvation and energy deprivation. Many of you reading this post may have experienced strong hunger pangs, headaches, tiredness, sweating and even shaking or wooziness when going without eating for even part of a day, much less a whole day. So it is natural to extrapolate such experiences into the thought that going without food for a day, or even several hours, would invariably lead to uncomfortable or even dangerous hypoglycermic symptoms. That, together with the negative image of fasting as something unhealthy or associated with eating disorders, leaves most people pale at the thought of even attempting a short fast.

But I tell you, if you don’t try fasting you are missing out on an enjoyable, incredibly energizing experience that will put you in control of your eating and improve your health, your energy and your outlook. Many people, myself included, have learned to fast for up to a day or even longer, on a regular basis and without negative repurcussions. Done correctly, short-term fasting is not dangerous, it’s actually health-promoting and greatly helps to retrain your appetite.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jenna for this post. It was the on-time word that I needed to continue my intermittent fasting journey. I love the part about IF "helping to control your eating". That is exactly what IF is all about. Thanks again!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails