Monday, February 15, 2010

The hardest thing about Fast-5


The hardest part for me is the social aspect of it. Society has drilled it into our minds that you must eat three meals a day, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day", "if you don't eat your body will go into starvation mode", "you should eat 6 small meals a day", etc... etc... 

Humans were not made to live in the environment we live in...there was no grocery store or Mcdonalds on the corner for the early humans... they hunted their food and probably fasted for quite a while during the time it would have taken to organize the hunt, kill the animal and prepare it for eating. Then, they would have had to eat one big meal all at once because the food would go bad if they saved it for those "6 small meals throughout the day". 

Hunger is only so difficult because our bodies are not used to going without that "fix" of food. Now that I have gotten used to fasting, I RARELY feel hunger pains and when I do they are much more faint than they were when I was eating all the time. Before Fast-5, when I went without food for 6 hours I would feel "STARVING" so much so that it would HURT. I NEVER feel that way anymore and now I go without food for 19 hours! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails